Disappearing Backyard Pondless Waterfall Designers/Installers/Builder
Villanova, Montgomery County & Bucks County, Pennsylvania (PA) Area
Get A Quote Here
Even if the outdoor space you have available around the Villanova, Montgomery County & Bucks County, Pennsylvania (PA) area, isn’t quite large enough to accommodate a full ecosystem pond, you can still enjoy the calming and relaxing benefits of a backyard waterfall with our pondless waterfall installation.
What exactly is a pondless waterfall? It’s a recirculating stream of water that is usually constructed using a grouping of rocks and boulders. The effect is similar to that of a quietly babbling brook found in nature. The pondless waterfall allows you to enjoy the beauty and relaxing sounds of running water, but without the additional time and maintenance, a pond entails.
Just like a pond, pondless waterfalls are a great addition to your yard, bringing not only the sound of running water, but birds chirping as well. The upkeep of these features is next to nothing, topping off the water level is the most important factor. These features are easily adaptable to accommodate both rainwater capture systems and auto top-off valves to even further reduce maintenance. We recommend that in the fall you turn your feature off for a few hours and use a leaf blower to remove any leaves that have built up at the base of the waterfall.
Ability to use plants
While aquatic plants are not a necessary component of a pondless waterfall, that does not mean they can't be added. Having pooling areas where aquatic plants can root in and add plenty of color and texture is a way to blend your feature into the landscape. The addition of ground covering semi-aquatic plants, such as creeping jenny and forget-me-nots, softens rock edges and naturalizes the waterfalls.
Reasons for choosing this option
While both Ponds and pondless waterfalls bring beautiful sights and sound to your yard, pondless waterfalls are the clear choice for those customers who travel a great deal or do not have the space for an ecosystem pond. These waterfalls are a great substitute for a pond if the slope of your yard is too steep for a pond installation.
So what is a pondless waterfall ?
Pondless waterfalls are a great solution for people in the Villanova, Montgomery County & Bucks County, Pennsylvania (PA)area with smaller properties since they require only a small amount of usable space. Additionally, some families with small children tell us they worry about the safety aspects of a large backyard ecosystem pond, and many of them who decide to have a pondless waterfall installed end up very happy with the results. We work closely with our clients to ensure that their pondless waterfalls are a natural enhancement to their property, and don’t look out of place. And if you think you may want to add a pond to your waterfall feature at some point in the future, don’t worry: As long as you have the necessary space, our technicians can install your pondless waterfall in such a way that a future pond addition can be a possibility.
Pondless Waterfalls installed by Philadelphia Waterscapes are simply a re-circulating Disappearing Waterfall and/or Stream without the presence of a Pond. You can enjoy the sight and sound of running water without the maintenance of a pond. If you are considering a Pondless Waterfall for your yard, you can trust us to get it done right the first time.
So, "Why" Disappearing Pondless Waterfalls
- Safety...Because there is no pool of water, and Aquascape Pondless® Waterfall is a great option if you are concerned about safety issues associated with a traditional pond.
- Cost...Cost can be a big factor when considering the type of water garden you want to build. In the Villanova, Montgomery County & Bucks County, Pennsylvania (PA) area, the price of an Aquascape Pondless® Waterfall will be less than a pond, because there is less labor involved, as well as less rock and materials. Operating costs are also less. Because you are not dealing with an established ecosystem, it is not necessary to run the pump 24/7.
- Space...The small size of the Aquascape Pondless® Waterfall means you can build and enjoy a beautiful waterfall anywhere in your yard.
- Maintenance...Taking care of your Aquascape Pondless® Waterfall is easy. Filling the reservoir every few weeks to compensate for water loss because of evaporation is all that’s required.
- Flexibility...Perhaps the best part of the Aquascape Pondless® Waterfall is the possibility for the future. If you change your mind later, wishing you had built a pond, that is ok! If you leave enough room around the base of the waterfall, it is easy to add a pond onto an Aquascape Pondless® Waterfall.
Send Us Your Photos!
If You've Never Experienced The Pond Lifestyle, You Don't Know What You're Missing!